Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Chai Tea Latte Recipe

Chai Tea Latte Recipe

Will need to adjust for personal taste. I was buying 1-2 starbucks chai tea lattes every day and quickly realized I was spending $100. - $200. on lattes every month. I read the ingredients from latte mixes and came up with this recipe. I like it best with brown sugar although it's also great with honey A bonus: I like this recipe MUCH better than a starbuck's chai tea latte!

SERVES 1 , 1 latte

* 3 tablespoons brown sugar (or honey)
* 1 teaspoon instant tea (unsweetened or no flavoring)
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
* 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
* 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)

1. Mix all dry ingredients together. Place in cup
2. Heat milk and then froth with portable electric wisk / frother --- or by hand and pour into mug. Add vanilla. Stir.

No comments:

Post a Comment